Monday, January 12, 2009

This One's For You, My Friend!

I have this friend, who I have known for 9 years. It doesn't even seem POSSIBLE that is has been that long! She actually was the person who brought me into my first professional job. She called me to interview for a position elsewhere in the company, and we hit it off, so instead I went to work in her Department. It was a job I loved in a line of work that I would never go back to, but it brought a few people into my life that I am forever grateful to have!

Nine years is a long time. When we first met we weren't even married yet. Both of us worked a lot, and when you spend that much time with someone, you really do learn an awful lot about them! In those nine years we have seen each other through weddings, divorces, job changes, the passing of loved ones, new homes, new attitudes and completely new lives.

We are now 2 old married women with a greater appreciation for everything that life brings to the table. The good, the bad and the ugly - it all has its place and it all contributes to who we are and how we view the world.

So, I dedicate this post to a very special friend, who is a very special woman. Currently the Mother of 1, my dear friend will become the Mother of 4 tomorrow after she gives birth to a set of triplets. It has been a wonderful thing to watch and I wish her and her amazing family all the best as they navigate the world of multiples!



To my friend C, thank you for that fateful phone call 9 years ago that kickstarted a long and wonderful friendship. I will be thinking of you all morning and will be there for you when you need an extra set of arms!

1 comments:

Colette said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Thank you for posting (FINALLY, I was about to give up) and thank you for the dedication. You were one of my best hires, you know and that fact that we became such great friends and we still are (although we don't see one another nearly enough) is an added bonus.

Has it really been 9 years? Wow. Perhaps once I have these babies I'll feel as old as my age. :)

Love to you, my friend!

Co-